Multiverse (DC Comics)
From Pop-Cult Guides
|DC Universe characters: Heroes · Villains · Supporting characters | DC Universe locations · The Multiverse | DC Universe chronology|
|DC Comics titles | History | Imprints | Other Media | Personnel|
This is a list of DC comics continities.
 Universes that were merged after Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Universes that appeared before Crisis on Infinite Earths
- The Super Friends continuity
- The "Earth-Crossover" from the published inter-company limited series where Marvel and pre-Crisis DC characters coexist.
- Universes that first appeared in Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Universes that appeared after Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Grant Morrison's Earth-17
- Dreamworld Earth
- The DC animated Universe continuity (with a reference in the Batman Hour-Zero crossover).
- "The Dark Knight Returns" universe.
- The Watchmen universe.
- Elseworld universes
After the Crisis on Infinite Earths DC published occasional one-shots and mini-series labeled "Elseworlds", featuring alternate versions of their universe classified as continuities that "could have" happened, but had not occurred and that would have been consistent with the concept of the Multiverse. Other stories published without the "Elseworlds" label, such as Frank Miller's reimagining of DC heroes and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, also diverged from established continuity. The labeled Elseworld Universes are:
- Universes that first appeared in Infinite Crisis
- Earth with Aztec versions of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
Some times called "Earth-PC" or "Earth-Σ" (the mathematical "summation" symbol), "Earth-2", or "Clutter-Earth" (a peyorative term), the Post-Crisis-Earth is the product of the merged universes after Crisis on Infinity Earths. It's continuity was altered during the events of Zero-Hour.
 Universes that were never merged into Earth-Σ
- The Fourth World
- Antimatter Universe
- Pocket Universe
- Mega-City One Earth (coined by fans)
 New Earth
 DC continuities in other media
Outside the comics media, in films, radio and television other non-related continuities have been established. Some like the Super Friends and the DC animated Universe continuities have been implied to some degree as part of the multiverse.